Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Schoolward Bound

And the journey begins...I've been accepted into Grad School so I can become a teacher of little munchkins (2-4th grade PLEASE!)so now starts the fun of getting oriented, course schedules...lots and lots of ink and printer paper! And, of course, getting my daughter into a daycare program nearby. She and I are going on our first tour next Tuesday. It's very close to our home, so I hope that I like it and I like the cost. We'll see and keep posted!! I have another one that I'd also like to look at; but I'm almost positive that it is going to cost more since it goes through preschool and into a Kindergarten program. I like the look of it online though, so it's worth looking at and discussing whether it's an option now or in the future. Luckily, it appears that I will only need to put her in daycare 2-3 mornings a week. I'm looking forward to a break from my toddler.

I can safely say that "the terrible twos" does not start and end at 2. It starts earlier and lasts longer! I can attest to the longer because I remember my brother at 3...I called them the treacherous threes and the fearsome fours...my mother laughed. I can attest to the earlier because my daughter is completely in the throes of it!! I think we have at least 10 minor tantrums a day...and usually at least one major one that gets her time-out time. Ugh. So, parents BEWARE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kids at that age are like adults with bipolar, only very magnified (and obviously part of being a toddler). One minutes they are happy, giggling and telling funny stories (when they are three and four) and then next minute they are flying off the handle! Ayiieeeee! Just find your center, and I think they socializing of daycare will be good for her. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete