Thursday, August 12, 2010

Naps

I don't know what I would do if there weren't naps and naptimes. My daughter has taken to waking up in the middle of the night and being really fussy the last couple of days. I think it's a combination of a few things really: daddy is back at work during the days, and those pesky teeth keep coming in!! *sigh* I'm trying to remind myself that the teeth will come in eventually and those will be the last 4 really hard ones, the rest are molars and we should have a break. I'm also trying to remind myself that she will get used to Daddy not being home and will be able to adjust. Thank goodness she is starting to actually take consistent naps! She never really took consistent ones before, but now she is awake most of the morning (maybe a short nap) and then she has been taking a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon....heaven! That's a long enough stretch of time to actually get something DONE. Before she was taking small cat-naps throughout the day; and boy was it aggravating!

I find it somewhat ironic that I finally find a friend who likes walks, wine, has a daughter, and is a stay at home mom as well....and she and her husband will probably be moved to Columbia, South Carolina (military family) in November. Figures. Oh well, I will persevere, and probably take some classes so I can go back and teach someday. Scheduling that has been interesting since we are also talking about when we want to have our second child. It's coming up...but not quite yet.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for more babies! Good luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. =) We've been trying to coordinate having another child with my going back school to get my masters in education and a teaching certification. I've finally found a good school and a great program that fits my needs so...sometime next spring we're hoping to be in the 'family way' again.

    aren't naps wonderful??

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you aren't too pregnant to travel next October *wink* <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...see THAT is part of the plan (not being too pregnant to travel). =) We wouldn't want that at all!!!

    ReplyDelete