Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Year...

School Year that is, but because we have such a long break in the summer it does seem to feel like THIS is our New Year rather than January 1st. So, yes, tomorrow morning the new school year officially begins with new teacher orientations, staff orientations, keys being distributed to teachers...etc. Which means that my husband is now off to the land of work again and I'm home with our daughter to play all day. "Play" also being "work" all day; but it's fun work. We might also have another little boy coming to play with us during the days. My husband's co-worker has a little boy about 2 months younger than our daughter...they have already met, shared food, shared beverages, and cried when they parted company. The Arts Department is now joking that if it were a couple hundred years ago they would be betrothed.

I'm actually very excited about the prospect of a play-mate for my daughter, a little extra income for me, and giving my husband's co-worker a break in the cost of child-care. I'm a little anxious because it's two toddlers instead of one, but I'm thinking that really other than feeding (which they should both be starting to self-feed more anyway), changing (they will have to take turns), and being held (thank goodness it's a nice big recliner/rocker) that it will all work out and they will keep each other company and somewhat entertained. We'll have to find a double stroller though; I am NOT carrying toddlers to the park!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that Anya has a little playmate! That's so cute! You'll have to take a picture of him, so I can see Anya's little boyfriend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and he is a CUTIE too!!! He's part African American and he has latte colored skin, light brown ringlets and doe-like eyes. He's precious!!

    ReplyDelete