Friday, January 28, 2011

Cranky Me

Sometimes I look at all the things I do around the house and home and I just want to scream. I probably do internally, which is why I've begun grinding my teeth. I just get so fed up with cleaning, laundry, cooking, dishes, diapers, trash, groceries, cat litter...etc, but I feel awful because those things make it harder for me to play with my daughter more and get more work done while she's napping. It's no wonder I'm cranky most of the time. I try to remember that some things like the carpets can wait for later and that we have enough clothes that I can wait to do laundry more often. I try. I don't always succeed. Which is why I am sitting here trying not to grind my teeth after I spent an hour trying to get my daughter to go to bed; when I really needed to be writing a paper. There are just so many demands on my time right now, which is fine I wanted a few more because I was reading books like crazy and getting bored with reading. Anyone who knows me well will find that hard to believe, but it's true. I was getting bored with books and reading. So, while I'm really pretty happy to be back in school and having assignments and deadlines (even if I do despise 'assignments' for the sake of assignments...aka busy work), I do wish that a few of the "other" demands on my time would demand more of someone else's time!

2 comments:

  1. While I obviously am not raising a kid I definitely know how it feels to be bogged down and the never-ending shores that pile up. Working full time and working on my doctoral school work is so taxing, I find myself getting frustrated when Sean can't help out with the dishes or the putting away the laundry. It just sits there. Yes he works 10 hour days, but I pretty much do too in a difference sense. Can't we compromise and do it together?! Gah! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned that I love you lately....? =) Thanks for the empathy! I needed it!

    ReplyDelete