Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011!!

I have realized that in the past couple of months I have been very remiss in my blogging and that I miss it. Blogging allowed me to vent about some of the more frustrating aspects of my life and being a parent. So, New Year's Resolution (which I will actually try to keep since I won't make them if I can't do them well) I will make at least one blog a month. Starting with this one, which will (in the obligatory fashion) talk about what's behind me and what's ahead of me.

Goodbyes...
This last year I had some very important goodbyes. I said goodbye to my Grandmother of almost 95 years in May. I am still a bit sad at times when I would really like to call her and ask her opinion or just chat.

We also said goodbye to New Mexico and our life there. This was exciting because we moved to Colorado and are now much closer to family.

Goodbye crib....this one has been an interesting journey. Who knew that after 2 weeks of crying and sleeping on the floor next to her that the best solution would be to just put the damn mattress on the floor! Toddler beds....I laugh at you!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hellos...
Hello Colorado!!! We are now in Colorado and doing fairly well...but we are done with apartments...come the end of our lease we are OUT OF HERE!!! No more neighbors who party at all hours on all sides of us, no more neighbors who leave their dog poop all over....yes, we are going to head towards a HOUSE rental instead of apartment.

I'm starting graduate school in January (ack!! 9 days from now!!!) I am very excited even though this means that I'll be getting school loans for the first time. We will also be putting our daughter in daycare 2 mornings a week. She's ready, I'm ready, my husband is getting there. =) Luckily, she loves the daycare.

I think that might be it. We didn't have any plumbers joining us for the new year this year. We're all getting over colds (thank goodness my daughter is learning to blow her nose!!!!). We learned that you can get refills on the "cheesy mac and cheesy" or whatever it's called at Red Robin (only on the kids menu). Our cats are big and "monster-like" still. We now have WAY too many toys that make noise and require batteries. More on that later....anyone have a small tiny screw-driver? I need to remove the batteries from the possessed puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. Drug stores are Good for finding small screw drivers because of glasses repair kits! I'm so glad you are happier in Colorado, and I'm not surprised either :-) when's your lease up? It will be fun to find a cute house to rent (or maybe buy?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a small enough screwdriver....once I dig through the drawer some more. Our lease is up at the end of July, and we'll probably rent a house, not buy. We aren't sure where we're going to be now that the school district is restricting (almost cutting) electives.

    ReplyDelete