Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the "blehs"

So, I am truly trying to keep up with blogging this time around so there is some documentation of this pregnancy, as well as allowing certain friends to live vicariously through me. =-) They know who they are. I'm fairly frustrated because I keep hoping I will feel well enough to exercise and I keep feeling icky just about the time my daughter heads for a nap when I would have the TIME to do the extra workout (other than walking which I do at least once a day). I also have to finish up some homework and frankly just feel 'bleh' every time I think about it. Perhaps that is my inner-self just not wanting to do it, but still it NEEDS to be done. Bleh. =)

A related 'bleh' is that, at 8 and a half weeks (we think, ultrasound is Monday) I'm already starting to show. Now, I have heard that the second pregnancy results in an earlier 'pop' and I can say that is true; at least for me. Food is so weird. One day spaghetti just sounds great and I'll eat a ton of it. The next day I can't stand the sight of the leftovers. So far it has just been a merry-go-round like that. I really, REALLY wanted roasted chicken the other night, so we had it for dinner and I couldn't stand the sight or smell the next day. So. Much. Fun. NOT! Leftovers, it seems, are not destined to be in my future.

I'm borrowing from my friend Brittany, pregnancy symptoms:

weight - oh who knows. I don't own a scale and frankly I don't want to know.

cravings - um, let's not talk about food right now okay?

stuff that makes me queazy - see above, and this lovely heat wave we are having. Yeah, that makes me feel awesome.

clothes - are feeling a little tight and some of the pants and shirts have been relegated to the top shelf storage container. Otherwise I am in my early maternity and mostly still fitting (aka larger) pants.

energy - I'm a little more tired, but nothing extreme. I still have energy to go on walks, play catch with my daughter (fetch is more like it) and chase cats out of my yard.

Have a lovely update. If you didn't want to know...don't read it! =)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Sorry you aren't feeling well. I wouldnt stress about the not having energy to do the things that you feel need to be done. Sit down and put your feet up and enjoy the quiet time. Easier said than done right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're already showing at 8 weeks? Wow, damn those big Goff babies **wink**

    I have so many empire style dresses if I ever did get pregnant I would just live in those :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An update to this post: Kevin, Anya and I went to Toronto for a family wedding. I have been feeling great; ever since puking in the airport parking lot before we went in to get on a plane. **rolls eyes** Never had that happen with Anya, but I'll do it if it makes the queazy feelings go away for a good solid week! As for 'popping' I don't look full 'baby belly' more like 'baby gut' (aka looks like a beer gut) but it's there and if you know I'm pregnant the easier it is to see the pooch. Everything is just stretched out from the first time and makes it easier for the second one to spread. On a biological note the uterus is now the size of a large grapefruit; so it kind of makes sense. I showed early with Anya too, but not THIS early!!!

    ReplyDelete