Friday, January 20, 2012

So not my year...

I am really hoping that 2012 will decide to play nice sometime soon. At least as far as my health is concerned. In the last 4.5 weeks I have gotten bronchitis, pink eye, a sinus infection, and now am dealing with my daughter who has Fifth Disease. Fifth Disease, for those of you who don't know, is a very mild illness and most people get it. It is a slight fever (if any) and some diarrhea and then a very red "Slap face" rash on face and a lacy or marbled rash on upper body and upper legs. That's it. By the time you notice the rash and realize something might be going on the child (or you) is already past the contagious stage and is on the mend. Thing is -- it is a slight risk for pregnant women. So most pregnant women who are exposed to a child with Fifth Disease get to go in for a blood test (like we don't get enough of those already!!) and see if we have the antibodies. Since 80-90 percent of adults have the antibodies it should be a moot point for me. Here's hoping because I do not want to deal with being under a microscope the rest of my pregnancy because of this. I have things to do! =)

I'm 30 weeks pregnant (whoohoo 7.5 months!), I have 6 more weeks of my masters course in teaching math and science before a blissful 5 month break. So excited about the break. I'm trying desperately to figure out if daycare or a nanny would work better for our newest arrival when I have to go back to school in the fall. I'm almost convinced that I'll do the daycare route and keep the girls at the same location. It just feels like it would be easier than writing separate checks - but I'll see what Kevin (my hubby) says.

So far my tally is 10 for people asking me how far along I am and then asking A) "Are you sure?" B) "Are you having twins?" or C) "Wow, you are really big." -- Funny thing is, I haven't gained nearly the amount of weight that I did with my first daughter. I gained nearly 70 lbs (68.5) with my first daughter. So far I've only gained 30 with this one, and I only have 10 weeks (max) to go. But let's face it - I'm SHORT! There is only so much space for this kid vertically; she has to stick out to have room and that is just the way it is. She is also a big baby - both of mine are. So, if a short woman is having a big baby and a tall woman is having a smaller baby you'd definitely see a difference in their belly-size. And yet people still feel the need to comment, ask, and give inappropriately rude pregnancy advice. Yeah - at least total strangers aren't touching my belly this time. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment