Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Musical Interlude

Tuesday my daughter and I had the most enjoyable afternoon listening to a jazz quartet practice in a garage across the street. The gentleman that owns the house has played jazz piano in the garage with it open, or partially open, before, but this time he added drums, a bass, and a sax. It was so nice to listen to them jam in the early afternoon sunshine. Very very relaxing. So much nicer than hearing the schmuck with the car. Oh yes! I'm not sure I've mentioned before but he sold his house *HAPPY DANCE* and has completely MOVED OUT!!! I'm thrilled. Just jumping for joy thrilled. Especially, since the new neighbors look to be really nice people; with a motorcycle, but we can deal with that when it comes.

I haven't written in a while; it's been a busy couple weeks. First off, my husband is job hunting again (as usual), so we've been off to job fairs and job interviews this last weekend. Hopefully, something will come of them and we can move to be closer to family. If not, at least we'll be moving across town to be closer to friends. That's the best I can say about staying here. My husband's not going to grow in the same ways as a teacher here than he would if we were to move. The populations are just very different. Here it's more about how to continuously motivate the kids to even turn in their work. Where we hope to move he would be pushed academically to grow and expand that way. It would be nice for him to be able to really 'open his teaching box' so to speak.

I asked my mother if the laundry pile ever went away. She said, "No." That wasn't very encouraging. Every time I get all caught up on laundry: folded, put away, all washed...we go on another little trip and I have to start over as soon as I get home. I hate it. I don't mind washing and folding and putting away; I hate spending my ENTIRE day doing it (or two). Oh well...I guess if I want clean clothes by Saturday I had better start some wash now. Grrr.

1 comment: