Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rose Colored Glasses

My husband sent me a text this morning:

"apparently it is gang initiation week. heard this at school. so if you're out and about and see a random baby car seat left on the side of the road just keep driving. they apparently like to shoot whoever pulls over. just fyi."

How sick is that? I mean there are good samaritans out there going to stop to make sure that the car seat isn't an abandoned baby, or to move it out of the way, and what's going to happen? They are probably going to get shot at. It's SICK! I can't believe I live in a place that has this. It sickens me that there are people who would do that to one another. It really makes me long for my childhood where the worst thing I worried about was the elk or the bison blocking me out of the house. Or the tourists driving on the sidewalk because they aren't paying attention to the road. Now, I have to worry about living in a city where there are gangs that shoot at people who pull over. I have to worry about where I'm going to send my daughter to school; and I tell you right now that home school is looking more and more appealing!! I really wish that this wasn't happening. My rose colored glasses have been ripped away...and all I see are the cracked lenses lying abandoned on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. You were very blessed to have a childhood in a small town. I have lived my whole life in cities and areas where I was either around stupid stuff like gang initiations or I lived close to it. (sigh) it's just awful. I'm glad you are a good mother and I can see why homeschooling would be a good option if you were still living in NM when Anya is school-aged. Hopefully you'll move to a better area of the country sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete