Friday, June 4, 2010

Songs in my head

I have been going to sleep with Beyonce's "Single Ladies" song stuck in my head for the last 3 days, ever since my husband played it for our daughter to see if she would dance to it. (She did and it was VERY cute, but that's BESIDE the point) Have you ever tried to sleep with a catchy song like that in your head? I just feel like bouncing, and I catch my feet twitching! Good thing we had our POD arrive today for our big move. I spent much of today hauling boxes down the stairs into the POD and all in the 98 degree heat. YUCK! But I'll sleep well tonight. Thank goodness for "Hoodwinked!" If it weren't for that movie I think my husband and I would have had a VERY cranky daughter today. The "goody two shoes" mommy in me is going 'Oh dear, oh dear, she didn't get a lot of stimulation today! Oh no, watching that much TV is bad for her.' The "practical" mommy in me is going 'So what?! It's not like she watches TV all day EVERY day, but you need to get some stuff done and she is happy in her bouncy chair and entertained by the movie. Move on, deal with it, and PACK the POD!!!' "Practical" Mommy won this round; although I MIGHT have dreams about "livin' like the bandit" tonight..."with a ring on it." Or as my husband just said "All the single critters." Oi!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the move! Hopefully I see you guys next weekend-ish sometime!

    Also, are you guys familiar with Pomplamoose? They do really neat covers of a variety of music. Including "Single Ladies"...and their version skips the really awful verse in the middle, they are fun:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PomplamooseMusic

    Also, would you mind if I showed this blog to a friend of mine? She is expanding rapidly, and would enjoy your blog (and could pick up tips too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked it then you should have given me an acorn....be prepared! Bahhhhh! Love Hoodwinked! hehe

    ReplyDelete