Friday, July 23, 2010

Vomit

Not a great title, I know; but it is completely appropriate to my last week or so. My darling daughter...ahem...has apparently decided that if she doesn't like a food item that we have given her (even if it is something she has previously LOVED) she will make herself gag and puke it up all over. Ew. It took us a couple of days to figure this out...we thought she just had a stomach bug at first (and maybe she did the first time...), but she has since shown that she will try to gag herself into making it all come back up if she doesn't like it. I blame my Aunt for this twist in the genetics. My aunt used to do that too; she puked her eggs on the camp counselor that made her eat them. What a lovely thing to look forward to. Not.

The ____insert bad words here____ cats haven't been helping either. They, of course, had to make splotchy spots on my mother in laws carpet while we were there for 6 weeks. They have puked at LEAST 4 times since we have moved into our new apartment. We have been here a week. One week. ONE! GAH!The other day the cat puked somewhere in the apartment and when I went to get my daughter at 7:30 in the morning...I accidentally stepped in cat yak, tracked it all through the apartment and discovered it was on her baby quilt. So...an HOUR later the carpets are all clean, the quilt has been rinsed, I've been showered, and the __________ cat yaks on the carpet again. Does anyone else hear the crack of thunder and see the dark purple red thundercloud in the room? Anyone?

But wait...it gets better. This morning my daughter was having some bowel movement issues and so we put her in the tub knowing she would probably poop in it, but that was the point. I was prepared for that part. I wasn't prepared to have to shampoo the carpets for the small cat pee spot my lovely darling cats decided to leave in the door to our bedroom.

One day without having to scrub something...please? It's all I ask.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Is it anxiety from moving? I know I have seen these plug-in things at Petsmart that is supposed to reduce cats' stress for things such as moving or introducing a new pet into a home. I wonder if that will help? ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete