Monday, July 26, 2010

The Shrieking Shack

Here we are in our new home, relaxing....and the dogs next door are left alone all day so they bark (pretty much non-stop all day), my daughter has recently discovered her vocal chords and the higher pitched section of her range and the cat has decided to howl (yes, howl, not meow, not meew, not yowl, but HOWL) because he doesn't have food in his food dish. Yep. Welcome to the Shrieking Shack everyone...it doesn't exist in Hogsmead anymore. It's here. At my apartment. Where I'm living....weeeee!!!!

I don't even know our next door neighbors names yet and they are already annoying me. I like to think I'm a fairly easy going, easy to get along with (even if we won't ever be busom buddies), but they are trying my patience. First off they have two dogs that bark when someone isn't home and whenever someone comes up the steps to the apartment (we have a shared landing so they bark whenever we come home). It isn't the dogs fault that they are left alone and are lonely and we actually can't hear them in the bedrooms so...I can live with it. The BIGGEST pet issue for me is the poop. I'm sorry. If you own a pet it is your RESPONSIBILITY TO PICK UP THEIR S***!!!! Do NOT leave it around for the neighbors to dodge and step on. GRRRR! If I had a dog I would pick up their pet poopy and take them on walks every day...not leave them in the apartment and take them out to the landing on a leash so they can reach the grass and stand there smoking a ciggarette until they do their business. It pisses me off. It also makes me mad because I feel like I'm going to be the obnoxious neighbor who tattle tales on them to the management, but I don't want to have to worry about stepping in doggy poo everytime I go outside. I would also like to let my daughter run around in the grass too. Sigh...

To add to the noise level, yesterday they were playing their music so loud that their bass was felt through my walls. It was during nap-time which was part of the reason it annoyed me so much then, but I also don't want to listen to their music! I haven't even met them...

and I already want to strangle them.

3 comments:

  1. So your neighbors sounds like mine when it comes to the stereo bass. I had a little chat with one of the neighbors about their noise level and the subject of "lease violation" and "eviction" came up. I haven't heard their bass in a while... ;-)

    regarding the pets, your neightbors are definitely breaking apartment rules. I don't know a single apartment complex that doesn't have rules about animal noise and cleaning up after them.

    I know it's not the dogs' faults (I feel bad for them being alone all day, but I think you should say something to the management. Even if it's an anonymouse note? I know you are new but if you don't nip it in the bud now it might become worse.

    Sigh. ((HUGS)) This is why I won't have a dog until I have a house where they can run inside and out whenever they please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the no dog in apartment living rule completely. That's why cats are so much easier; they don't go outside. Period. =) I did talk to management about the pooping. We'll see how often the dogs bark all day...if I have to mention that as well then I have to, but I hope to avoid it. I'll keep a log of it for reference, but I won't make a big deal out of it unless it becomes a large problem. We can only hear them barking in the dining room/kitchen/living room area; not the bedrooms. So, it doesn't wake Anya up during nap-times.

    *crosses fingers* I feel like I'm an RA in college again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel like being in a RA/dorm situation. It's a shame when people treat apartments like it's not a real home and are rude/inconsiderate to their neighbors. Sigh. I am relieved to hear you don't hear them in the bedrooms. If anything sleep is not being disrupted. I'm so glad we don't have a shared wall in our bedroom, because it becomes a silent cocoon for when I am sleeping after an Overnight shift.

    ReplyDelete