Friday, April 30, 2010

White hairs?!!?!

Tomorrow is the beginning of May. I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. My daughter is almost one. She's got 10 teeth, she eats macaroni and cheese like it was candy (THAT comes from her father), and she's grown so much! Sometimes I look at her sleeping and think, "Where did my baby go?" I know everyone told me it would go fast, and I believed them then, but I FEEL it more now. She's so beautiful. No hair, or very little and what there is of it is a reddish blonde. Her eyes are still an indeterminate shade of gray/green/blue/brown, and she's not quite walking. Still, she'll be a year old and it's a major milestone. I'm not sure my husband and I are ready for it. I went very nostalgic and looked back on all of my pregnancy photos....wow, I have certainly changed a lot from the day before she was born to what I look like today. My boobs are bigger, my stomach is flatter (but with lots of stretchy skin...ew!), my legs are thinner (hooray walking!!!), my arms are more muscular (20 lbs baby), my hair is a LOT longer, and I've found at LEAST two white, yes WHITE, hairs in my head. I've pulled them both out so no one go looking!

May is going to be a rough month. Too much going on...end of year banquets at the High School, traveling back and forth to Colorado to begin the moving process (which includes yet another interview...as if we couldn't make this more complicated on our own). An international wedding in Toronto, Canada. Last minute photo shoots for my photography business before I shut down for the move and begin the lengthy process of figuring out my sole-proprietor Colorado Business License and all that THAT entails. Packing. Packing. Packing. Packing. Thank goodness for my in-laws! And, more importantly, thank goodness we all get along and LIKE one another. Ladies and Gentlemen who are about to get married or engaged: your in-law relationship is an important one. I don't really have anything else to add to that, it's just important and should be treated that way.

No WONDER I'm getting WHITE hairs in my head!

3 comments:

  1. White is better than gray ;-) I can't believe Anya is almost one! Shesh time
    flies. I'm working more on your website and I'll show you when inhavebt more stuff outlined to give you a big picture :-)

    miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...the things I have to look forward to! I already feel like he is growing fast. Good luck with your busy month!

    ReplyDelete