Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Growl....just Growl.

I'm having an 'I hate everyone and everything and men in particular suck' moment. It's just a moment, because in reality I LOVE my daughter. I LOVE my husband; and I suppose I like my cats (but they are in the dog house right now for excessive puking). I'm sick. Sick as in 102 degree fever for two days straight, coughing like a madwoman, and get my fever back if I try to do too much. Obviously, since I'm sitting here writing this, I've been trying to do too much and my fever is back making me a cranky psycho. So, yes, here it is everyone. I HATE being sick! I'm a miserable bitch when I'm sick. And I'm even worse when I end up cleaning and packing BY MYSELF!

There's the root of my anger right now. I'm feeling very much like I might as well be a single mom throughout this move because, in the end, I'll end up doing 90% of the packing 95% (or more) of the cleaning, and almost all of the organizing before we leave. Part of that is because I'm a total anal retentive CONTROL freak when it comes to packing and cleaning and getting things ready to go. (Yes, I am a bit anal about my cleaning too. Those of you skeptics out there who have seen my apartment can put your eyebrows back down please.) I honestly would probably worry about some things even if my mother or professional movers packed them. My husband being a theatre teacher doesn't help because he spends long LONG hours at the school. I don't think people get what teachers have to go through to teach your kids. People are always telling me "Oh, but you have summers off and you get to go home when the kids do..." as if the work actually ends when the teacher gets to go home. HA! There are papers to grade, tests to make, tests to grade, projects to grade, lessons to plan...and THEN that whole whoopla about the summer. Most teachers have to do some sort of schooling in order to maintain their teaching licenses. Classes that THEY (not the state or the public taxpayer money) have to pay for. Also, because teachers are very underpaid many of them end up taking on seasonal summer jobs in order to help make ends meet for the rest of the year. (I know I've gone off my original rant, but this is important too) So, to all of the people out there reading this and whining about how the 'teachers aren't doing their jobs' BITE ME! (So, I've heard that a lot lately and I needed to rant about it...)

BACK on topic here for a moment. My husband is a teacher and he works really long hours because he's a theatre teacher. During the run of a show (at least 12 weeks out of every year and more like 16) he's at the school an average of 12 hours a day. Sometimes 15. At the end of the run I totally enjoy him coming home at 3:45 and spending some family time together before the sun sets and our daughter is bundled off to bed. However, at the end of this spring's show he took on another project with the kids...so he's been at the school until at least 5 if not 8 or 8:30 for the last couple weeks. On the one hand I'm totally thrilled that the kids have gotten comfortable enough to be creative and he's having a ton of fun. That's awesome. On the other hand IT IS MY TURN TO HAVE MY HUSBAND DARNIT! Especially since we're moving in 5 weeks and need to pack stuff up.

This of course leads me back to my original title for this post: WHY can't men see the things that need to be done that WOMEN see? Anyone have the answer to that? Anyone at all?

4 comments:

  1. Guys just don't get it sometimes. As someone who is also a control freak, both with packing and cleaning I totally get where you are coming from. The best part is when it all boils down to it, they may say "you could have just told me!" and our logic is "look around can't you see your help is needed?" It's a vicious cycle. I'm sorry you're sick too :( :( I hope you feel better soon. If you need to talk to someone and vent you have my number! **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =) It really didn't help my mood that I was sick sick sick. I'm still coughing, but at least the fever is OFFICIALLY gone *knock on wood* I was down in the low 100 and 99 since Monday. Today is my first official day without a fever. Goodness has it been nice! I even packed up a couple boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your fever is breaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It ended up coming back last tuesday morning. I ended up in the Urgent Care and getting drugs....

    ReplyDelete