Thursday, May 6, 2010

Naps

I love naps. I really do. I like them when I get to take them; and I like them when my daughter takes them. I especially like naps when I'm really tired. Or when I have an extremely OVER tired baby. My daughter has been asleep somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours now. I think the swimming pool must have worn her out. We went swimming for the 2nd time this week; we went yesterday and she had a blast. Today before I had even gotten all the way through the gate to the pool area she was bouncing and squealing with glee. It was SO cute!! She loves the pool, she loves to swim. I've even dunked her under the water. She comes up, rubs her eyes, and then goes right back to squealing and screeching and trying to go on her stomach. I think I might need to get her some water wings because she really does just want to swim. She kicks her legs and feet, she paddles with her hands, she just doesn't quite get the face out of water thing. I guess it could be worse; she could be totally scared to even be in the water or to have her face get wet. I'll take the
"swimming" and just know that I'm going to have to get her lessons sooner rather than later. I know that they have toddler swim classes (toddler and parent/s come and help teach to swim and not be afraid of the water) I guess I'll look into some when we get to Colorado this summer or next.

She's going to be one year old in a week. It doesn't seem possible for time to have gone by this quickly, but it did.

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter likes water? Shocking. Simply Shocking ;-) I blame all the late pregnancy swim times in the pool, hehe! I too was a young swimmer and definitely get her lessons sooner than later. One, it will be good for her to get nice and strong arm and leg muscles, and since she is attracted to water you don't have to worry about accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an early swimmer too. My mom taught swimming while I was in elementary school so...but I definitely want to look into some toddler swim classes as soon as I can. She just LIKES the water so much I want her to have full use of the water and knowing she can swim will make ME less nervous.

    ReplyDelete