Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Year Doctors...

My poor poor baby! She had her 'well child checkup' for one year today. =( Lots of shots!! She's doing really well with them. Napping and a little clingy, but...who can blame her?! 5 total, although we COULD have done 4 today and then 2 at 18 months. I decided that since we are moving and we don't, yet, have a new pediatrician in Colorado Springs that I'd get all the ones we needed to get done done. The other 18 month shot isn't an 'urgent' one; if we don't start it RIGHT then she will be just fine. I imagine that we'll be able to get it done; I mean she's going to be 18 months in November so that's PLENTY of time to get a new pediatrician.

That's one of the things I hate about moving. Switching doctors, getting medical records transfered...grrr...it is annoying. Especially when you really like the doctors you are already with. I really am not looking forward to finding a new OBGYN. I LOVE my Doctor. She delivered my daughter, she's competent and funny....sigh...oh well!!

I think I need to take a moment and remind myself of the wonderful things about moving:
Meet new people.
New place, new apartment (WHOOHOO!!!)
Closer to family
Easier to get to family that is farther away
Better economy where we're going
A chance to really clean out all the crap that we accumulate
A chance to get new playmates for my daughter
A chance to go back to college and finish Grad School
Making additions to our family
Making additions to our family of friends
Ah, okay, feel better...

3 comments:

  1. There are so many wonderful things about the move that really outshine the negatives. Now my friends will be happy that I will be coming back to Colorado more often (they just don't know it will be in the Springs, haha). I need to make sure when I come out and visit I spend a couple of days with Sean's parents at the beginning of the trip. Something like two days with them to see Denver friends then head down to the Springs. I think it could work out nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be nice. =) Sounds like a good way to see people, and then come spend some time with us! hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. ((HUGS)) Oh I miss you guys so much! We went to Disneyland this week with Rusty and all I could think about was happy birthday memories, especially with our birthdays so close around the corner!

    ReplyDelete