Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Week

I realize that I have not blogged in quite a while. In my defense I was out of town and then recovering from being out of town. So there. I surprised one of my very best friends at her baby shower last weekend. It was in Montana, so my daughter and I hopped on 3 airplanes, traveled for 9 hours and totally shocked her. It was a lot of fun. Being there and seeing her I mean; the traveling to and from was not. Every time I get on an airplane security gets worse for me. This time not only were my bags checked, but I was frisked. My daughter was also frisked on the way home. I realize that TSA has a job to do and it's supposed to keep us all safe; but darn it it makes it harder and HARDER to travel with an infant! With that in mind I'd like to rate a few airports:

Salt Lake City - by far the BEST airport to travel through with an infant. They have family bathrooms (in logical places), they have changing stations in the women's restrooms as well, they have at least 3 playgrounds for kids to roam around in with toys and a 'house' to play in, and they have a map of the airport placed in logical places that indicate different shops, where you are...etc. My favorite one to get stuck in with an infant by far.

Phoenix - oh Phoenix, how I loathe thee! I will say that I didn't get to spend a ton of time in the Phoenix airport because I was rushing through security there. Again. Be wary oh travelers of Phoenix! If you have to change airlines you must go through security again; after catching a bus to a different terminal (make sure it's the right bus since they have three different ones that take you different places). I will also say that although Phoenix claims to be 'the friendliest airport' many of the people I ran into were rude, not helpful, and downright condescending. I'm a mom traveling alone with an infant in a carseat and no one helped me get onto or off of the bus. The drivers just sat there semi-glaring at me to move faster. Grrrr.

Atlanta - not too bad. As a large airport there are lots of amenities, as well as lots of places to get lost. The only thing I can think of right now is that their elevators to get to the trains are not very noticeable from the upper level.

Missoula - you're small and tiny; yet you felt the need to frisk the baby. Odd.

Denver - Thank goodness for the train because if you had to walk the whole way with a baby, your arm WOULD fall off.

So, after all my airplane adventures I get home to discover that my daughter is teething. Again. Still. On top of that she has a cold. It's been a fun couple of days. I found Baby Vicks Rub today. Too bad I didn't have it two days ago. My poor daughter, she has two teeth in on the bottom. One on the top that has cut through and I initially thought was one of her front center ones that was a lot farther to the side, but now that I've looked in her mouth again I've decided it WAS one of the side ones. I can now see that she has her front two and her other side one on the top all trying to come in at the same time. No wonder she's been fussing and screaming!

Oh, and projects....I'm doing better...and worse. I started and finished a project for my friend's baby shower, so that leaves me still at 28. I started and finished a project for my husband's cousin's wedding in May; again still at 28. I'm scrapping all of my beading, so that leaves me at 27 (hooray!!). I started, and have mostly finished, a really cute dress for my daughter; back at 28.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely despise the Phoenix airport! I have never had a good experience with them. Denver is the most efficient International airport and my favorite airports are a tie between Seattle and Salt Lake City. My least favorite in the whole country is Houston's. The terminal I made my connecting flight on to visit Laura had no ATMs but all the food places were cash only. Such bull...

    Poor Anya with her teething! Let me know if I should stock up with anything for her when the three of you come and visit Sean and me in March!

    Love Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we'll see you in a month!!!! I am SO excited!!! You'll get to see her on her 10 month day too....weeee!!!!! We should be fine teething and food etc wise. Point us toward a grocery store sometime the 2nd day and we'll get baby food and make dinner for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. luckily we live three miles in both directions from two grocery stores and a year round FARMER'S MARKET (I looooove their selection there). I'm so excited to see you three! Especially to meet my beautiful goddaughter who melts my heart every time I see a new picture of her!

    ReplyDelete