Monday, January 4, 2010

Bank Tellers

My family just got back into town from an extended vacation. So, as usual we've had a lot of errands we've had to run: grocery shopping, post office...the bank. We managed the grocery shopping first because we had no food in the house. My husband went back to a very stimulating (massive sarcasm) day of in-service at the high school he works at so the post office and the bank were on the list for my daughter and me today. The post office was a nightmare; thank goodness I did not have to stand in line! I just needed stamps, which I could get from a lovely automated machine; three people in line versus 40-50 in the counter line (yikes!).

Next we went on a short trip to Target to get diapers. Then, the bank. It was just before mid-day so I figured it might be faster to go through the drive-through rather than go in with a cranky baby and stand waiting in line. Well, I was partially right, my daughter was cranky, the line inside was long, and the drive-through looked much better. Of course I hadn't counted on the bank teller offering me all sorts of services after I had made my transaction. He's a very nice teller, I've talked with him before inside the bank, and he was just trying to make banking easier for my husband and I. It was, however, a service we don't want, don't need, and he kept trying to sell me on it while I was sitting in a car with a screaming child. Who does that? It's a two-way intercom system so clearly he could hear my child screaming and see the line of cars waiting to be served. I know he was trying to be helpful and I was not rude (no, mother I was not rude), but come on? Really? Is that the best time to be asking people about their banking choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment