Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clutter and Sleeping

I'm sitting here while my daughter is napping, I love nap time, and I'm wondering about all of these people I have on Facebook. Some of them I talk to fairly regularly and I use Facebook to keep in touch with them. Others I know fairly well and was friends with at some point in time, and I suppose I'm still friends with them now. However, they don't talk to me, haven't made any effort to do so in ages, and I haven't made much of an effort either. Is it bad to want to 'clean house' and remove some of the people that haven't made much of an effort to stay friends with me? I know that there are some people who are more 'lurkers,' who use Facebook infrequently and check on pictures of friends, maybe say hi once in a while...etc. I'm just not into the clutter of it all. I know it's lame and totally weird, but I really don't know why I bother to have so many people on there that I never talk to, never hear from, and frankly don't really know anymore. Ah well, there's my thoughts on that anyway.

My daughter has been insisting on crying herself to sleep, or rather she's been fighting going to sleep every night to the point of tears. Nothing helps, but she does finally settle down and sleep if you hold her so she can't squirm away. I don't know why all of a sudden she's decided that sleep is not a good thing, but there it is! We are all suffering from some sleep deprivation and aggravation these days. I hope she grows out of it soon. I was really looking forward to getting her to sleep in her crib all night long, or at least the majority of the night, and getting woken up less. I guess I'll have to keep reading "The No Cry Sleep Solution" and see if there are some more ideas that we can use to help her get to sleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment