Sunday, January 3, 2010

Starting off the New Year...with plumbers

Or maybe I should say starting off the new year with a pile of poo. Literally, I'm not kidding. This year I started off my New Year with a large pile of poo thanks to my grandmother's broken sewer line. Let me backtrack a moment; my husband and I, along with our 7 and a half month daughter were visiting my grandmother in the lovely East Bay area of California. We were there to celebrate a late Christmas with my family as well as New Years. My grandmother has an extensive, beautiful garden, that she likes to keep in great shape. Previous to the finding of 'the poo' we all put in some "time on the Rock," as my mother calls it, to do some weeding and various sprucing up of the beds. So, we all 'played' in the poo without realizing it. YUCK!

Now, isn't that quite an introduction into what will be, I am sure, a hysterical documentation of the life of a stay at home mom of one. I am the wife of a fabulous teacher; with aspirations of someday teaching elementary school myself after all my kids (yes I'm hoping for another in a few years) have themselves started kindergarten. I have two enormous cats that provide endless entertainment as well as cursing as they like to get into an inordinate amount of trouble. A very inquisitive, delightful daughter who has, in the last week, crossed into the crawling stage. My husband, the High School Drama and Theatre Teacher who always brings a sense of humor into our house...whether he plans to or not. And so, with a cat butt in my face and a daughter who is FINALLY taking a much needed nap I will sign off my first post. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. bah. I was trying to get back to your first EVAR post, and I can't find it. seems everything older then 2010 is just gone. that sucks.

    P.S. you should write a book on all this, because I really like reading your blog, and am sad that I can read the early adventures now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lothea I didn't start writing this until the start of 2010. I had thought about it for a while, but never got in gear for it. So...I suppose my early pregnancy experiences will have to come up when I get pregnant again. There are some references to things I went through before 2010, they are spread out.

    I am really glad you are enjoying it. And yes, maybe one day I'll publish it...for fun!

    ReplyDelete